Saturday, September 15, 2012

A New (old) Beach

When I first moved to Naples in 1981...um..YIKES...my favorite beach was Seagate. 
It was full of shells and not so full of people!

Now, it is just one long row of condos.  
It is very different up north than down south and I miss the old beach very much! 
I prefer my south end, which, despite soul-less mega-mansions, has a much more mellow feel. 
It was a wonderful walk down memory lane, though. 

Tonight was GORGEOUS and since it is still off season, the beach was fairly deserted 
but filled with people enjoying the beach.
A group sat on blankets with a young man strumming a guitar and singing.  
I have a feeling they were sending someone into the sea to spend eternity 
(which is exactly what I want as well).  
There were young people in kayaks, a dad and a kid on a paddle board, 
couple my age strolling had in hand (lucky!)

 Seaweed


 
 Beautiful Sunset


 I LOVE this gray green color-
I keep trying to find paint this color for my living room


 Rain in the Distance


Sea oats

I was very anti-social today.  I needed to be outside, but alone-so this was perfect!
I feel better and think I might grace the world with my presence tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment